Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Something To Think About


Last year for Christmas my mom bought me a copy of The Purpose of Christmas by Rick Warren (he also wrote the popular book, The Purpose Driven Life). The other night while I was reading it, he mentioned something that I had never really thought of before:


"You may have never realized that every time you check your calendar or refer to a date or write one down, you are using Jesus Christ as your reference point. Because of Jesus, history is divided into BC (before Christ) and AD (anno Domini, in the year of the Lord). Every other event in history and every event on your calander today is dated by how many days and years it has been since Jesus Christ appeared on earth. Even your birthday is dated by His birthday."

Amazing!

2 comments:

Ali said...

WOW! I never thought of it like that, very cool!

Sorry I took so long replying, I have been a bit sporadic with my blogging lately! Thanks so much for your nice comment. Your blog is very cute! I will make sure to try to visit regularly =) As for similar blogs, there is a neat one I like but haven't been to lately called Na-da Farm Life http://nadafarmlife.blogspot.com. I know there are more but I can't think of them right now...check out my scrolling blog list in the sidebar, there are a couple in there I think....I need to update it! Well, I look forward to visiting your blog more, talk to you soon!

Gumbo Lily said...

That's a cool way to think about days.

Jody