Monday, August 5, 2013

It's Been A While

It's been a while since I've sat down and posted here in the blogging world. Almost a year. In the beginning my intention was to just take the holidays off and then I would get back to posting after the first of the year, but that obviously didn't happen. I made it through the holidays, and then I realized, "hey, this is kind of nice not having to blog." It's horrible, I know. I guess what I'm saying is that when I stopped blogging, I realized how pressured I was feeling to come up with an interesting post each week or so and that I wasn't really enjoying it so much anymore.

After a while I thought to myself that I really should get a post up just to keep you all up to date on what was happening with us and life out here on the ranch. Well, that all changed when we found out we were expecting baby #3 back in January. From that point on I turned into a zombie for the first 4 months of the pregnancy. Now, I don't watch those shows, but I'm sure you've all seen the commercials with the people's heads hanging off to one side, blank look in their eyes, and maybe even a tongue hanging out of their mouth. That was me! No energy in the slightest, and I was glad to make it day to day getting dressed in clothes and not cave into the temptation to walk around in p.j.'s all day. Any ways, I got past it ,and now we're only a month away from welcoming this little one into the world. We're super excited and can't wait!

We settled into a different home out here on the ranch. One that gives us a little more room to live with our growing family. I've been nesting around the house trying to get things settled before the little one arrives. All the boxes are unpacked, the nursery is set up, painting is mostly done, and a few pictures are on the wall. This fall we'll work on getting a yard put in and plant some bulbs and trees to spruce things up. I didn't get much of a garden put in this year because we weren't sure if we were going to have the water to water the plants with so, we just have some tomatoes, cucumbers, and onions going.

After what started off as looking like a bad drought year, we've been blessed with quite a bit of rain over the summer and have managed to have a good haying season, and we'll even have a little bit of a second cutting in a few places to make square bales for the sheep during lambing season this winter.

I hope you all have been well since the last time I wrote. I'll be honest with you, I'm not sure how often I'll post on here when the new little one arrives, but I'll give it a try and hopefully I'll have something interesting to say.

God Bless and Take Care,
Jaimi

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Well congratulations on baby #3! Prayers that all goes well with the pregnancy!
Love your posts when you do them, hope to still see some when you get a chance. :)


Cheyenne said...

OH Jaimi, so VERY FUN! Congratulations! The nastiness of pregnancy. I actually just had a lil' boy ten days ago - our first boy after the two girls & we are having a blast. Truth be told, I am feeling so very much better than when I was pregnant and running into the city all the time for appointments. I think you get the first five days out of the way and kind of heal a little, and honestly, I hope your 'new normal' will settle in quickly for you. I'm so pumped to hear of the good news! Hoping these last few weeks aren't too grueling and who knows? Maybe little miss or mister will put in appearance a couple of weeks early? so exciting about a new home too - sounds like life is good. Full, but good!? Hope so. I'll be thinking of you in the next while. So great to have a bit of an update and glimpse into your world. All the best!

Anonymous said...

How exciting that another baby is on the way!!! :) It was great hearing from you, too!