Friday, August 31, 2012

Walkin' Under An Orange Blue Moon



I've been trying to make an effort to get out each evening and get in some kind of a walk to wind down each day and to get some time to myself. Tonight I headed out towards the large hayfield out by our house with my headphones on and my iPod playing a little bit of Sinatra and Josh Groban. I know it probably sounds odd to go for a walk and put on music instead of just listening to nature, but as a mom of two wild little girls I don't get much, if any, time to just listen to some music and fully enjoy what I'm hearing. When I try to listen to anything at home, the louder the music gets, the louder my girls get. Not relaxing. It's a cool night with a good breeze blowing and as I got closer to home the Blue Moon made an appearance above our trees shining bright orange. I don't know about you, but I love it when the moon is a bright orange or red. It's just beautiful. I don't ever realize it, but we'll all be looking at the same Blue Moon tonight. I'm waving to you from my little patch of the world on the Montana prairie. Good night!


“If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music.”
―    Albert Einstein

3 comments:

Cheyenne said...

Jaimi, you are so right, all these eyes peering upwards! It was a pretty evening here too, and my daughter loved looking at the 'circle' moon as she always calls a moon that is full or even nearly full! :)

Happy September to you!

Rachel said...

Yes, and it was gorgeous!

We always have to take pictures!

Gumbo Lily said...

It was beautiful!