Sunday, February 5, 2012

Another Month Gone Away

January was a whirlwind of a month in our hose. We started the month off all fine and dandy with Mary's 1st birthday. She got a ladybug birthday cake and some family to help her celebrate the big day.



Can you tell she's enjoying it? We can't let any icing escape so we lick it off! She can walk and say:
mama
dada
back pack (from her sister)
bottle
no
yes
echo (from her sister)
bye-bye
hello

The day after Mary's birthday we celebrated hubby's 28th birthday, but later that week is when it started going down hill. We went to church Sunday night and I was feeling just fine, but the next day I started having problems with my gall bladder again and couldn't keep anything down, not even water. So after two days of nothing to eat or drink we headed to the doctor's office and the doc said it was time to go in for surgery and get my gall bladder removed once and for all. Yay....not. Amazingly enough, the idea of surgery wasn't scary for me, but the possibility that my gall bladder wasn't the problem and that even after the surgery it wouldn't be fixed is what scared me the most. Conviently enough I hadn't had food or drink for the required 6 hours before, so they whisked me to the surgery center next door, explained a few things, knocked me out, and I woke up all better!

It was amazing how much better I felt after getting that yucky thing out. I had a few days of nausea and a lot of sleeping, but recovered pretty quick and I now have 3 little dashes across my abdomen as proof that its gone. Hubby got to play house for a few days on top of his chores and I must say there is nothing better looking than seeing your husband do the dishes, take out the trash and take care of the kiddos when you're sick. The poor guy was exhaused after the week was through. The doc said he was almost a 100% positive that I would have had another problem with my gall bladder acting up had we decide to have another baby, so for me this was a no brainer to just get it out and be done.

On a more positive note, we have been enjoying some of the most beautiful weather that I've ever seen for January and February. We've even had some days reach 50*. Amazing!! We've had very little snow and warm sunny days around here. By warm I mean 30's an 40's. I'm knocking on the fake wood of my computer desk as I type, but I'm sure we're in for some pretty cold and snowy weather here soon. We'll be starting lambing here soon so I'm hoping the weather holds out a little longer for the new babies and I'll post pictures when they get here.

Have a great week everyone!

1 comment:

Gumbo Lily said...

I'm glad you're over the hump with that gall bladder. Onward!