Sunday, October 16, 2011

Simple Sunday


Happy Fall everyone! Our internet has been on the fritz 
 and has barely been running for about a month now. Sorry the pictures are so tiny, thats the only way I could get them up on here. Hopefully we get this internet this fixed soon!


 








I had quite a harvest this fall, freezing some sweet corn, sour cherries for homemade cherry pie, and next I'll be getting the carrots pulled up to blanch and then freeze for stews and such this winter.


Here is a recipe you should try. Its called Sopapilla Cheesecake and its so YUMMY. I cut the recipe in half and its perfect for the two of us and some sweet tooth kiddos.


Here are my niece, Cupcake's, new shoes. They were super cute, but the strap was still a little off. I've learned not to do a shoe with a strap like this because they have to be in just the right spot to get their little feet in and stay on.


Here is one of the first of many loads of hay that are headed down to drought stricken Texas. Hubs has been working super hard to make connections work with ranchers and truckers to get some hay down to those in need.

Have a great week everyone!

2 comments:

Cheyenne said...

Your husband sounds like a good man.

Happy Fall to you, too. Don't work too hard, soak up these final days before the snow sets in and just spend sometime outside.

Rain Barnes said...

Oh my goodness. I can picture driving past your first picture and asking my husband to stop so I could take a picture too. Then I add something about "fixer upper" and how sad it is that they get let go and of course my mind would wonder about who lived there and their story...... LOVE the picture!

Sopapilla cheesecake is AMAZING. Never thought to cut it in half-great idea.