Monday, June 13, 2011

Pinterest

Have you ever heard of the website Pinterest? I came across it as a I was reading a gal's blog and was amazed by some of the stuff on there. Its a place where you can keep track of all sorts of things that interest you such as fashion, decor, baking, outdoor spaces, artwork, sayings, crafting and so on. Some things on there are pretty neat and of course, some are just weird. I just wanted to share with you some of the fun things I've found on there. I'm also including some pictures from a couple other sites I frequent. On some of these pictures I will only be crediting Pinterest because I was just a beginner to the site and didn't realize that they had links that went with each pictures. Sorry!



What a neat idea? Here is the tutorial to go with it.


Here's  another take on the tree cake pedestal. I thought this would be a fun woodland theme for a child's party.


 These are some of the best cookies I've ever had!! I've been wanting to find a new recipe that I could share with you all, but they've all been a little blah. This one is a great summer cookie with a light lemon flavor. I did make a substitution because the recipe called to use real lemon juice and lemon zest, which I didn't have, so I just used about 1/4-1/2 tsp. of lemon extract and they tasted great.  Enjoy!

Lemon Crinkle Cookies

½ cups butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
½ teaspoons vanilla extract
1 whole egg
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
¼ teaspoons salt
¼ teaspoons baking powder
⅛ teaspoons baking soda
1-½ cup all-purpose flour
½ cups powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease light colored baking sheets with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.

In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Whip in vanilla, egg, lemon zest, and juice. Scrape sides and mix again. Stir in all dry ingredients slowly until just combined, excluding the powdered sugar. Scrape sides of bowl and mix again briefly. Pour powdered sugar onto a large plate. Roll a heaping teaspoon of dough into a ball and roll in powdered sugar. Place on baking sheet and repeat with remaining dough. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until bottoms begin to barely brown and cookies look matte {not melty or shiny}. Remove from oven and cool cookies about 3 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.


*If using a non-stick darker baking tray, reduce baking time by about 2 minutes.




How cute is this little baby sack. You have to buy this one from the website, but it would sure be fun to try to make.


I can't tell you how much I love hexagon quilts, but after making a small baby blanket size one, I'm not sure I would want to embark on making a nice queen size one for our bed. This is a picture I got off of Pinterest but didn't get the link.


Here is a fun idea for a growth chart for the kiddos. I went to my sister-in-law's- baby shower a couple months back and she received an hanging growth chart as a gift. The lady who gave it to her said that she had marked all her kids growth on a wall in their home and now she couldn't paint that wall. This chart is decorated with embroidery and stamps so the possibilities are endless!

Photo from Pinterest

This would be a fun poster to hang in a little boys room. 

Photo from House of Turquoise

What a fancy mudroom! All the white would never be practical for this ranch family. It'd all be brown in a day or two, but its so pretty to look at.

Photo from House of Turquoise

What gorgeous carved beds!

Photo from  Oh Dee Oh

A Leggo wall for a little boys room. Does this mean the Leggos would stay off the floor? Oh Dee Oh is a fun website with all sorts of decorating, crafts, and cooking ideas for children.

Photo from  Oh Dee Oh
This is a good idea for a caddy for little kids things, but I thought it was a better idea for a rustic looking cupcake holder.
 
Photo from Oh Dee Oh

Neat pencil holder. Not that the pencils would ever stay in it at our house.

Photo from Pinterest

What a good idea for storage under the stairs. It would be a nice place to hide all your books.

Photo from Pinterest

 Another clever pantry idea.

Photo from House of Turquoise

This is my dream bathroom. I love the tub, love the color of the wood, love the wall color, I just love everything about it! I never knew there was such a thing as a wooden tub until I saw it in this post. Too bad it costs $8,200 for a single, $9,600 for a double. Sigh...I guess I can always dream.

Have a good week everyone!

4 comments:

Gumbo Lily said...

I've seen Pinterest, but am trying to keep it at arm's length for fear that I will never leave! Love the little log tables. And those cookies -- delish! (thanks for sharing)

Jody

Anonymous said...

I LOOOOVE that tub!!!!

Rachel said...

Ohmygolly, I looove that tub, too!! Wow-ee, not for 8200 dollars though... :/

Tori said...

Ok, so I love everything on this post and may try a few myself. Nice to find you!!