Saturday, February 27, 2010

Quilt Update

After much hand sewing, ironing, cutting, and pinning Hazel's quilt is done!



This is right after I finished sewing all the rows together.

I trimmed up the sides and bottoms so I had an even edge to work with.

You have no idea how great it felt to use the sewing machine to do these borders rather than hand sew. I really had no clue what I was doing so I just decided to sew the sides on and then do the bottom borders. As I got done sewing on all the pink borders around the hexagons, I realized I should have added on at least three more rows of hexagons so I didn't have such a thick border on the bottom (picture below). Oh well, I've learned my lesson for the next time. Trial by error!

Here is the finished product! I used the butterfly fabric for the backing and I'll be making a pillow and pillowcase from some of these fabrics for the crocheted pillow case tutorial from my last post.

6 comments:

Regan Family Farm said...

Love the quilt! It looks absolutely adorable, and no worries about the border!
Blessings,
Kathy

BK said...

That's really cute! I'm still working on a fence rail, I had the top almost done and discovered a fatal error and had to rip it all out!

ranchmama said...

What a beautiful quilt! I love the colors and you did an awesome job!

Elise

Ali said...

Its just lovely, you did a fabulous job. I love the butterfly fabric, so cute!

Jennifer said...

Beautiful!

Gumbo Lily said...

Good job! I really like it.

Jody