I like to swap magazines with my mom and MIL as new issues come in the mail, and tonight my MIL passed her latest Mary Jane's Farm magazine for me to read. I LOVE this magazine! It's the one and only magazine that I will read from cover to cover and I even like to read all the ads in between. Amazing huh?
Mary Jane's Farm is an all organic and green living magazine for women whether you live on your own farm/ranch or live in the city with dreams of wide open spaces. Its full of tips for living a more green lifestyle and cooking with organic foods. Now, for me, I'm not trying to live a 100% "green" life but, I don't mind doing a few things here and there to help out and make life a little more simple for my family.
Some of the thing we do are:
- I plant a garden every year
- I make some homemade household cleaners
- I swap magazines so they're getting multiple uses
- I can or freeze vegetables and fruits every year
- I "recycle" my old books that I no longer want on a website called Paperback Swap and I can order "new" books on there with the credits I earn.
- We raise our own chickens and cows, so we know exactly whats in our eggs and beef.
- We re-use what we can out here on the ranch, such as tin, wood, staples, barbed wire, and fence posts.
What are some of the things you and your family do to help out with the environment?