Saturday, December 12, 2009

New Recipe for You to Try

The hubs and I went to a friends Christmas party last night where we were asked to bring an appetizer to share with everyone. I don't have a large appetizer section in my cookbook so I decided to search around for something new that would still be good after the hour long trip it was going to take us to get to town. One of my favorite websites that I turn to is All Recipes. Whenever I need a little inspiration in the kitchen this is the place I turn to. You can look up recipes by certain meats, appetizers, desserts, ingredients, and even by listing what ingredients you don't want in a recipe.

I found this great dip from Amykins and it was a hit at the party with many requests for the recipe. We also put a little of this on our quesadillas for lunch today and it was great! I think it would also probably go well with some chicken and mexican rice or maybe even a little bit on some fish. You decide!




Amy's Cilantro Cream Sauce


1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 tablespoon sour cream
1 (7 ounce) can tomatillo salsa
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon celery salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice


Combine cream cheese, sour cream, salsa, pepper, celery salt, cumin, garlic powder, cilantro and lime juice in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth and creamy. Place in a serving bowl.

No comments: