Sunday, December 27, 2009

A Handy Tip


My SIL got me the Gooseberry Patch "Quick and Easy" cookbook for Christmas, and along with all the wonderful recipes, its full of tips for cooking and for ideas for around the house. Tonight I cooked some hamburger patties in my cast iron skillet and had the problem of gunk stuck to the pan that I couldn't get off. My cast iron is in dire need of being seasoned which doesn't help the situtation. The tip that I found in the cookbook that worked great was:


*If you can't get cooked on food off of a pan, fill it with enough water to cover the food and a little dish soap. Place on burner until water starts to boil. Everything should rinse right off!*

1 comment:

Gumbo Lily said...

Good tip! Don't you love cookbooks that are a little bit more than just a cook book?

Jody