I was snooping around for fabric a couple weeks ago when I found this lovely collection of red prints. I decided that I was going to make some lampshade covers, which really turned out to look like a skirt on the shade. After much thinking, the hubs and I decided they weren't that great. I bought a pair floor lamps right after we got married for $20 and now a days, a simple lampshade is at least that much. My crafty side came out and I began to search for ways of gluing fabric onto the shade. I used these simple directions and tada! It looks like I went out on bought fancy new shades! Here is the before picture of my plain white, canvas fabric lampshade:
My pattern and the fabric all cut out
And the finished product!
These are a pair of red pillow covers I made with the some of the fabric in the red collection. Just a nice pop of color.