Sunday, July 19, 2009

A Link Between Soy and Breast Cancer

Normally I don't have the chance to pick up a Sunday paper but, I was lucky this week. I always go straight for the ad's and while I was looking I came across the Parade. Usually I just flip through the pages but, the article, "Eat It or Avoid It," caught my attention. In the article it discussed the pros and cons of Soy, Red Meat and Alcohol. As I was reading I was shocked! Under the cons for soy it listed that the most serious side effect was its potential to increase the risk of breast cancer in those who are predisposed. It goes on to say, "Any woman who has had breast cancer, or who is at risk, should discuss the pros and cons with her physician." It also says that it has been known to interfere with thyroid function.Who knew that the "healthy" food could cause such serious problems. You can read the full article here.

No comments: