Sunday, July 19, 2009

Clippin' Away

Lately I’ve been looking at my old recipe book and I can’t help but think that it needs a little more sparkle ( I know, I'm pathetic, like I don't have enough to do already). There isn’t anything particularly wrong with it; it’s just plain and boring. So I decided to get to work and re-type all the recipes and decorate each one with my favorite clippings out of magazines like Martha Stewart and Country Living. It took a lot of work but in the end it was definitely worth it! Not every recipe has a picture with it right now since I don't have enough magazine clippings,but eventually they all will and it will be fun to see something new each time I pull it out.

I’ve also done the same thing with a journal that I write in everyday. I use it to keep track of what we did that day, lists of things I need to do around the house as well as just writing out my thoughts. It’s neat to see spring bouquets in the middle of winter, ideas on how to decorate the house or even how to dress up the table for dinner. You never know whats going to be on the next page,that is unless you peek.

No comments: